News & Events
Announcing the Recipients of the PMF Honorary Awards for 2023
Posted on Aug 17 2023 - 10:30
The PMF Program Office is happy to announce the recipients of the PMF Honorary Awards for 2023. This year, we received over 50 nominations from more than 10 agencies for six distinct award categories. The Awards Selection Committee – made up of senior PMF/PMI Alumni and leaders from across OPM – reviewed and evaluated each nomination blindly based on a pre-determined set of criteria for each award category. Once evaluations were completed, the Committee provided their final recommendations to the PMF Program Office and the Honorees below were selected.
The Honorees represent the PMF community at its best. They are individuals from a variety of stakeholder groups, but what they have in common is the talent and passion they bring to support the enduring success of the PMF Program. Please find the award categories and Honorees listed below.
- Excellence in Service: Jillian Kojzar, Food and Nutrition Services, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Excellence in Leadership: Maria De Fazio, Presidential Management Alumni Association
- Agency PMF Coordinator of the Year: Elizabeth Belser-Vega, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- PMF Alumni of the Year: Jessica Mroz, Environmental Protection Agency, Class of 2016
- Hiring Manager of the Year: Ajay Bhatt, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Mentor of the Year: Beth Goldberg, Small Business Administration
A virtual ceremony will be held to recognize these exceptional individuals on Thursday, August 24, 2023. Congratulations again to the 2023 Honorees!