Become a PMF
The PMF Class of 2022 application is now open, and runs from Tuesday, September 28 – Tuesday, October 12, 2021 (opening and closing at Noon Eastern Time).
The announcement can be found at www.USAJOBS.gov, by searching for “Presidential Management Fellows” or by clicking the following direct link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615668000
Please review the PMF Applicant Handbook for an overview of the application process. The Handbook can be found on the Resources webpage.
In addition, please review the Eligibility, Application Process, Assessment Process, and FAQs webpages for additional information about the application and how to prepare for it.
NOTE: The dates below are approximate and subject to change. Please check for any updates. All deadlines are based on Eastern Time (ET).
|Informational webinars on the PMF Class of 2022 Application
Informational webinars for prospective applicants will be held in September. See below for more details, including how to register.
|September 28 - October 12, 2021
The 2022 PMF Application opens at Noon (ET), Tuesday, September 28, 2021, and closes at Noon (ET), Tuesday, October 12, 2021
|Approximately six weeks after application closes
Announcement of the PMF Class of 2022 Finalists (Finalists will have an appointment eligibility period of 12 months from date of selection and announcement)
Below is a summary of changes from 2021 going into the 2022 Application cycle:
- For the 2022 PMF application cycle, we have updated our assessment to improve the process in a variety of areas including addressing concerns around equity in all stages of the process. We are also enhancing our recruiting efforts with greater outreach to diverse communities, expansion of our engagement with Minority Serving Institutions, enhanced recruitment through the alumni network, and use of strategic recruitment platforms.
- The previous, separate PMF Assessment Preparation Guide has now been integrated into the PMF Applicant Handbook. The Handbook is designed to provide a general overview of the annual application and online assessment.
- Application Criteria: The following are updates to the application criteria. A full copy of the “Application Criteria” can be found under the Resources section.
- New Degrees Added: Data Science/Analytics, Health Sciences, and Social Studies
- Revised Degrees (revision appears in italics): History/Archeology, International Development/Studies, Languages/Linguistics, Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Philosophy/Ethics, Public Administration/Management, and Real Estate/Building Management
- Applicants are able to access their one-time submitted application to upload new or updated documents up until the application closes. Those applicants who are claiming veterans’ preference will have up to two weeks after the application closes to submit supporting documentation for their claim.
- The online assessment will consist of 3 parts as referenced in the PMF Applicant Handbook.