News & Events
Announcing the Recipients of the PMF Honorary Awards for 2021
Posted on Aug 11 2021 - 12:00
The PMF Program Office is happy to announce the recipients of the PMF Honorary Awards for 2021. This year, we received over 60 nominations from more than 20 agencies for six distinct award categories. The Awards Selection Committee – made up of senior leaders and senior PMF/PMI Alumni from across OPM – reviewed and evaluated each nomination blindly based on a pre-determined set of criteria for each award category. Once evaluations were completed, the committee provided their final recommendations to the PMF Program Office and these Honorees were selected.
The Honorees represent the PMF community at its best. They are individuals from a variety of stakeholder groups, but what they have in common is the talent and passion they bring to support the enduring success of the PMF Program. Please find the award categories, Honorees, and Honorable Mentions below.
- Excellence in Service
- Karen Vyverberg, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Excellence in Leadership
- Kathryn Neeper, U.S. Agency for Global Media
- Agency PMF Coordinator of the Year
- Richard Desmond, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Presidential Management Fellows Alumnus of the Year
- Michael Mencarini, National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Supervisor/Hiring Manager of the Year
- Regina Julian, Defense Health Agency, U.S. Department of Defense
- Coach/Mentor of the Year
- Alyson Rose-Wood, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Agency PMF Coordinator of the Year (Honorable Mention)
- Dawn Arlotta, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Presidential Management Fellows Alumna of the Year (Honorable Mention)
- Kimberly Church, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
A special virtual awards ceremony to recognize these exceptional individuals on Friday, August 27, 2021, from 2:00-3:00pm (Eastern Time). Formal invitations will be sent to the relevant stakeholders across the PMF community.
Congratulations again to the 2021 Honorees!
Finally, the PMF Program Office would like to extend a special thank you to the members of the Awards Selection Committee for their efforts throughout this process.
To learn more about our PMF Honorary Awards program, visit the PMF Honorary Awards webpage.