News & Events
Announcing the Recipients of the PMF Honorary Awards for 2020
Posted on Jul 22 2020 - 00:00
The PMF Program Office is happy to announce the recipients of the PMF Honorary Awards for 2020. This year, we received over 70 nominations from more than 20 agencies for six distinct award categories. The Awards Selection Committee – made up of senior PMF/PMI Alumni from across OPM – reviewed and evaluated each nomination blindly based on a pre-determined set of criteria for each award category. Once evaluations were completed, the committee provided their final recommendations to the PMF Program Office and the Honorees below were selected.
The Honorees represent the PMF community at its best. They are individuals from a variety of stakeholder groups, but what they have in common is the talent and passion they bring to support the enduring success of the PMF Program. Please find the award categories, Honorees, and Honorable Mentions below.
- Excellence in Service
- Jordan A. Hibbs, Field Operations Manager, U.S. Department of the Navy, Strategic Systems Programs
- The nominees for this award demonstrated exceptional dedication to the PMF Program, delivered outstanding customer service for an overall positive PMF experience, and served as a model for others to emulate.
- Excellence in Leadership
- Tiffany H. Boiman, Director, Office of Policy and Programs, Women’s Bureau, U.S. Department of Labor
- The nominees for this award demonstrated exemplary leadership qualities, a commitment to successfully achieving organizational objectives and mission goals, and helped create an environment of high productivity and cooperation that impacted the success of the PMF Program.
- Agency PMF Coordinator of the Year
- Elizabeth Walters, Lead Human Resources Specialist, PMF Program Coordinator, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The nominees for this award provided a high degree of value and service that impacted the success of the PMF Program, used creative and effective approaches to an exceptional degree for the benefit of the PMF community and effectively used the PMF Talent Management System to manage the PMF Program.
- Presidential Management Fellows Alumna of the Year
- Leanne Veldhuis (PMF Class of 2010), National Partnership Coordinator, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The nominees for this award built strong coalitions beyond the PMF community, were strong advocates of the PMF Program, and mentored and supported PMFs in a way that directly impacted their success in the program.
- Supervisor/Hiring Manager of the Year
- Griffith Berg, Forest Engineer, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The nominees for this award demonstrated strategic leadership, innovation and commitment to cultivating a diverse and talented workforce in the recruitment and placement of PMFs, thus impacting the success of the PMF Program.
- Coach/Mentor of the Year
- Anita M. Linde, Senior Advisor to the Deputy Director for Management, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The nominees for this award demonstrated a strong commitment to the development of PMFs, had a lasting impact on PMFs, and provided strong knowledge sharing that enhanced the PMFs own experience of working with a coach of mentor.
- Agency PMF Coordinator of the Year (Honorable Mention)
- Nataliya Mindel, Pathways Coordinator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Supervisor/Hiring Manager of the Year (Honorable Mention)
- Jennifer Cramer, Forest Planner, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Coach/Mentor of the Year (Honorable Mention)
- Kevin Kissinger, Senior Program Specialist, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
A special virtual ceremony will be held to recognize these exceptional individuals on Thursday, August 27, 2020 from 3:00-4:30pm Eastern Time. If you would like to join us, please RSVP here by Friday, 8/21 at 5:00pm Eastern Time: https://pmfawardsfor2020.eventbrite.com. Once registration has closed, additional details for joining the session will be sent to all of those who have registered. The event will take place on Zoom, and attendance will be limited to 300, so be sure to RSVP early!
Congratulations again to the 2020 Honorees!
To learn more about our awards program, visit the PMF Honorary Awards page.