Become a PMF
The PMF Class of 2022 application has now closed. The application was open from Tuesday, September 28 – Tuesday, October 12, 2021 (opening and closing at Noon Eastern Time). For information on the PMF Class of 2022 Finalists, visit the Current Finalists webpage.
Please review the PMF Applicant Handbook for an overview of the application process. The Handbook can be found on the Resources webpage.
In addition, please review the Eligibility, Application Process, Assessment Process, and FAQs webpages for additional information about the application and how to prepare for it.
NOTE: The dates below are approximate and subject to change. Please check for any updates. All deadlines are based on Eastern Time (ET).
|Informational webinars on the PMF Class of 2022 application
Informational webinars for prospective applicants will be held throughout the month of September. See below for a schedule. The schedule will be removed upon conclusion of last session.
|September 28 - October 12, 2021
The 2022 PMF application opened at Noon (ET), Tuesday, September 28, 2021, and closed at Noon (ET), Tuesday, October 12, 2021
|December 3, 2021
Selection of the PMF Class of 2022 Finalists (Finalists will have an appointment eligibility period of 12 months from date of selection)
|December 6, 7, and 9, 2021
Informational Webinars for PMF Class of 2022 Finalists
|December 2021 - March 2022
Agency Meet-and-Greets for PMF Class of 2022 Finalists
|May 12, 2022
PMF Finalist Class of 2022 Virtual Hiring Fair: For additional information, please go to the Hiring Fair webpage.
Below is a summary of what changed for the 2022 application cycle (i.e., compared with the 2021 application cycle):
- For the 2022 PMF application cycle, we have updated our assessment to improve the process in a variety of areas including addressing concerns around equity in all stages of the process. We are also enhancing our recruiting efforts with greater outreach to diverse communities, expansion of our engagement with Minority Serving Institutions, enhanced recruitment through the alumni network, and use of strategic recruitment platforms.
- The previous, separate PMF Assessment Preparation Guide has now been integrated into the PMF Applicant Handbook. The Handbook is designed to provide a general overview of the annual application and online assessment.
- Application Criteria: The following are updates to the application criteria. A full copy of the “Application Criteria” can be found under the Resources section.
- New Degrees Added: Data Science/Analytics, Health Sciences, and Social Studies
- Revised Degrees (revision appears in italics): History/Archeology, International Development/Studies, Languages/Linguistics, Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Philosophy/Ethics, Public Administration/Management, and Real Estate/Building Management
- Applicants are able to access their one-time submitted application to upload new or updated documents up until the application closes.
- The online assessment will consist of 3 parts as referenced in the PMF Applicant Handbook.