Become a PMF
The PMF Class of 2021 application is now open, and runs from Wednesday, September 30 – Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (opening and closing at Noon, Eastern Time).
The announcement can be found at www.USAJOBS.gov, by searching for “Presidential Management Fellows” or by clicking the following direct link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580264600.
Please review the PMF Applicant Handbook, Assessment Process (including the 2021 PMF Assessment Preparation Guide), Eligibility, Application Process, and FAQs webpages for additional information about the application.
NOTE: The dates below are approximate and subject to change. Please check frequently for any updates.
|Informational webinars on the PMF Class of 2021 Application
Informational webinars for prospective applicants will be held every Tuesday in September. See below for more details, including how to register.
|September 30-October 14, 2020
The 2021 PMF Application opens at Noon (ET), Wednesday, September 30, 2020, and closes at Noon (ET), Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Go here for the USAJOBS announcement:
|Approximately six weeks later
Announcement of the PMF Class of 2021 Finalists
Below is a summary of changes for the 2021 Application cycle:
- PMF Applicant Handbook: This handbook details the annual application process, explains eligibility requirements, required documentation, and provides an overview of the assessment process. This resource should be used in conjunction with the annual PMF Assessment Preparation Guide to prepare prospective applicants to submit successful applications.
- PMF Program Required Application Documents and Alternative Letter: This document outlines details on documents required for the PMF Application, including the resume and advanced degree transcript (and/or alternative). It also includes a sample of the alternative letter for applicants to obtain from academic institutions, if needed.
- Foreign Education: Those applicants who apply based on a recent or current advanced degree from a foreign academic institution (outside of the United States) and are selected as Finalists will be required to utilize a credential evaluation service to determine if their advanced degree and/or foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. standards. Go to the Education Completed Outside of the United States to learn more.
- Application Steps: We have enhanced the user experience of the on-line application, enabling applicants to complete some steps in any order, clarifying some of the questions, and improving the layout of the instructions. We have also incorporated additional application status messages for applicants not selected as Finalists. As a reminder, only one application is allowed per applicant, there is no appeal process, we do not provide any assessment scores, and applicants are unable to submit updated documents after submitting their application.
- Application Criteria: The following are updates to the application criteria. A full copy of the "Application Criteria" can be found under the Resources section.
- New degrees added: Gender Studies, Parks/Recreation/Tourism, Science and Technology Policy, and Security/Intelligence Studies
- Revised degrees: Pharmacology/Pharmacy and International Development/Studies
- New skill added: Human-Centered Design