Become a PMF
The PMF Class of 2021 Application is now closed. The application was held Noon (ET), Wednesday, September 30, through Noon (ET), Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
Applicants can check the status of their application by logging into the Apply Site at https://apply.pmf.gov/index.aspx and clicking on “Application Status.” The PMF Program Office expects to announce Finalists near the end of November. Applicants are reminded to monitor the 2021 Application webpage and News section on this website for any updates. For additional information on current Finalists, visit the Current Finalists webpage.
NOTE: The dates below are approximate and subject to change. Please check frequently for any updates.
|September 30-October 14, 2020
The 2021 PMF Application opened at Noon (ET), Wednesday, September 30, 2020, and closed at Noon (ET), Wednesday, October 14, 2020
|November 24, 2020
Announcement of the PMF Class of 2021 Finalists
|December 2, 2020 from 3:00-4:30pm (ET)
PMF Class of 2021 Finalist Informational Webinar: Applicants selected as 2021 Finalists were sent an invitation to attend an Informational Webinar explaining the PMF Program, requirements, appointment process, next steps, etc. Details on the webinar, including how to attend, were included in the selection email sent on 11/24/2020.
|December 4, 2020 from 2:00-3:30pm (ET)
To accommodate schedules, a second offering of the PMF Class of 2020 Finalist Informational Webinar on this date/time.
|March 25 and 26, 2021
The PMF Class of 2021 Finalist Virtual Hiring Fair. Additional details and registration information will be sent to Finalists when available.
Below is a summary of changes for the 2021 Application cycle:
- PMF Applicant Handbook: This handbook details the annual application process, explains eligibility requirements, required documentation, and provides an overview of the assessment process. This resource should be used in conjunction with the annual PMF Assessment Preparation Guide to prepare prospective applicants to submit successful applications.
- PMF Program Required Application Documents and Alternative Letter: This document outlines details on documents required for the PMF Application, including the resume and advanced degree transcript (and/or alternative). It also includes a sample of the alternative letter for applicants to obtain from academic institutions, if needed.
- Foreign Education: Those applicants who apply based on a recent or current advanced degree from a foreign academic institution (outside of the United States) and are selected as Finalists will be required to utilize a credential evaluation service to determine if their advanced degree and/or foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. standards. Go to the Education Completed Outside of the United States to learn more.
- Application Steps: We have enhanced the user experience of the on-line application, enabling applicants to complete some steps in any order, clarifying some of the questions, and improving the layout of the instructions. We have also incorporated additional application status messages for applicants not selected as Finalists. As a reminder, only one application is allowed per applicant, there is no appeal process, we do not provide any assessment scores, and applicants are unable to submit updated documents after submitting their application.
- Application Criteria: The following are updates to the application criteria. A full copy of the "Application Criteria" can be found under the Resources section.
- New degrees added: Gender Studies, Parks/Recreation/Tourism, Science and Technology Policy, Security/Intelligence Studies, Data Science/Analytics, Health Sciences, and Social Studies
- Revised degrees (revision appears in italics): History/Archeology, International Development/Studies, Languages/Linguistics, Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Philosophy/Ethics, Public Administration/Management, and Real Estate/Building Management
- New skill added: Human-Centered Design