Brief Description of the Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program
Since 1977 the PMF Program has matched outstanding graduate students with exciting Federal opportunities.
The PMF Program is a great leadership training ground, whether prospective students want a career in public service or elsewhere. Based on current PMF Program regulations and policies, eligible individuals apply and participate in a rigorous application and assessment process. Those ultimately selected as Finalists seek appointments as PMFs (Fellows). PMFs perform valuable service to the American people while jump-starting their careers, and get full salary and benefits as well as challenging assignments, formal professional training, rotations to other agencies, feedback on their work, plus an opportunity to make government run more efficiently.
The two-year fellowship includes:
- Formal training of 80 hours each year of the fellowship
- Assigned to a senior-level Mentor
- Mandatory 4-6 month developmental assignment
- Optional rotations of one to six months in duration
- Challenging work assignments
- Opportunities to network with other future leaders
Visit the next section to view information on Advising Students.