Owning Your Experience
While there are many developmental opportunities
afforded you during your two year fellowship, the primary
task of each PMF is to claim ownership for your learning,
career development, and advancement. Some ways to do this are
You must work closely with your Agency PMF Coordinator
and supervisor, to ensure that you are on track for
the agency's Executive Review Board (ERB) review at the end
of your fellowship journey. At the end of the 2-year journey,
the agency's ERB will review your progress and certify that
all PMF Program requirements were successfully completed. If
the ERB certifies that you have successfully completed
the requirements of the PMF Program, at the end of the 2
years you must be converted without further competition
to a term or permanent position. This must be done within the
allotted time frame allowed by PMF regulations. Agency PMF
Coordinators and supervisors should be familiar with their agency's
ERB requirements and any additional guidelines you must follow
for successful certification. Please work closely
with your agency to ensure all is completed on time. The PMF
Program requirements include:
- An Individual Development Plan (IDP) that includes the training
and development plans for the next two years.
- At least 80 hours per year of formal classroom training.
- A minimum of one 4 to 6 consecutive month developmental
assignment in the occupation or functional discipline in
which you are most likely to be placed, with full-time
management and/or technical responsibilities consistent
with your IDP.
- An annual performance plan as well as an annual performance
evaluation in accordance with the agency's rules.
- Participate in OPM/PMF Program and agency-sponsored career
development activities to support and to
enhance your career and continuing education goals.
- Active participation in PMF training opportunities and accept
leadership roles whenever possible.
- Rotational opportunities with consideration to short
and long range career goals.
- Networking with other Fellows.
- An update to the PMF Program Office with
any changes in work and home address and telephone number by
submitting changes via the Information