Responsibilities of the Agency
Each participating agency plays a critical role in the
orientation of PMFs to the Federal Government, the achievement of
their career goals, and their retention in the Federal service.
Agencies excepted from the competitive service may participate in
the PMF Program under a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with OPM and
use their own appointment authorities, but must follow the PMF
Program's Agency Roles and Responsibilities listed throughout this
website, or their equivalent. Participating agencies agree to:
- Designate an Agency PMF Coordinator who assists the agency's
Pathways Programs Officer in the overall administration and
development of the agency program and who serves as the principal
contact point between their agency, their PMFs, and for the
- Work with the Agency PMF Coordinator, human resources staff,
and hiring officials to plan program budgets and to project the
number of PMF hires in the agency.
- Reimburse the PMF Program Office the placement fee for costs
associated with the recruitment, selection, placement,
orientation, and graduation of Fellows within 30 days of
acceptance of a PMF appointment. See the financial instructions and
forms under the Resources page. The reimbursement fee is
subject to change.
- Conduct an agency onboarding (orientation) on mission and
structure as early as possible for all newly hired Fellows.
- Establish policies and criteria for the promotion of Fellows
during their PMF fellowships.
- Certify the Fellow's completion of the Program by the agency's
Executive Resources Board (ERB). In agencies without an ERB, the
responsibility falls to the senior agency officials who have been
given executive resource management and oversight responsibility by
the agency head.
- Convert or appoint Fellows who successfully complete the
Program into a full-time, permanent position or term position
without further competition.